TOEFL iTP® Tests
What is the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series?
The TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series offers colleges and universities, English-language programs, and other organizations the opportunity to administer a convenient, affordable and reliable English-language assessment. The tests measure English proficiency at high-beginning to advanced levels.
TOEFL ITP® Test Content
The TOEFL ITP® tests are available in paper or digital format. The tests use academic and social content to evaluate the English-language proficiency of nonnative English speakers, giving you confidence in your students' ability in a real-world academic setting.
TOEFL ITP® Standard Test Design:
Comprised of multiple-choice questions, the TOEFL ITP® Level 1 and Level 2 tests evaluate skills in 3 areas:
Listening Comprehension measures the ability to understand spoken English as it is used in colleges and universities.
Structure and Written Expression measures recognition of selected structural and grammatical points in standard written English.
Reading Comprehension measures the ability to read and understand academic reading material written in English.
The TOEFL ITP® Speaking test evaluates the skills needed to speak English in everyday situations, as well as some basic campus and academic settings. It consists of 4 tasks:
1 read aloud task;
2 independent speaking tasks;
1 integrated speaking task.
Note: The Speaking test is only available with the digital TOEFL ITP® Level 1 or Level 2 test.
Testing time: Approximately 15 minutes;
Number of tasks: 4;
Score range: 31– 68;
How to Use the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series:
The TOEFL ITP® tests measure core English-language skills using 100% academic content similar to what is used in actual classroom tasks.
1. Placement in intensive English language programs requiring academic English proficiency at a college or graduate level.
2. Progress monitoring in English language programs stressing academic English proficiency.
3. Exiting English language programs by demonstrating proficiency in English listening and reading.
4. Admissions to short-term, non-degree programs in English-speaking countries where the sending and receiving institutions agree to use TOEFL ITP® scores.
5. Admissions to undergraduate and graduate degree programs in non-English speaking countries where English is not the dominant form of instruction.
6. Admissions and placement in collaborative international degree programs where English language training will be a feature of the program.
7. Scholarship programs, as contributing documentation for academic English proficiency.
TOEFL ITP® practice test preparation:
Download a handbook for information on what to do before the test, what to expect on test day, getting ready for the test, score reporting, and policies and guidelines;
How do I order the TOEFL ITP® practice tests:
Contact to our representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
Who uses the TOEFL ITP® Assessment Series?
More than 2,500 institutions in 50+ countries administer over 700,000 TOEFL ITP® tests annually, including:
Colleges and universities;